Monday, May 14, 2012

ARK 8 + 9 Send a Small Gift Anonymously + Leave Someone a Kind Note

Today I managed to get two ARKs checked off my list.

The first one was to send a small gift anonymously.  Somehow I put my name on it (I guess I forgot the "anonymous" part) and so the nice woman came up to me after church and thanked me for it.  She also invited me to a weekly prayer group that they have.

I'm not sure how she knew who I was, other than my name, because I waited until the break and slipped it onto her chair.  Maybe I am not as sly as I think I am and she saw me do it or maybe someone else did.  She may have just asked the person sitting next to her who I was and she could have pointed over to me!








It wasn't a big gift and I realize now that I didn't take a picture of the inside but it was a small bottle of body spray, lotion and I think body wash with a red dress pin from the American Heart Association.


The next ARK was to leave a kind note for someone.  I spent a great deal of time trying to figure out what the right words would be to leave for someone that I don't actually know.  I decided to go with some scripture.






If you can't read my handwriting the outside says "Worry less- Pray more Luke 12:24-29

Which says: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or bard; yet God feeds them.  And how much more valuable are you than birds!  Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?  Since you can not do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?
Consider how the lilies grow.  They do not labor or spin.  Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.  If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you, O you of little faith!

I wasn't sure who to give it to so I just scanned the room at church and asked God to show me who needed it.  I saw a woman that was weeping and decided that she could use an uplifting word.  I hope that it brightened her spirits.

No comments: