Monday, June 4, 2012

My take on the Two bite breakfast

For breakfast Saturday I wanted to surprise Mr. Husband with a nice breakfast.  I wanted it to be something that we had never had before and something that I could make with things that we already had.  I went to good 'ol Pinterest and this is what I found.

http://pinterest.com/pin/223772675205433741/

http://thenoshery.com/2009/03/29/a-two-bite-breakfast/

We weren't sure if it would turn out right so I only made half a batch to start.  Last night I made a full batch and froze them for him to take with to work.


Kate's Two Bite Breakfast (Make 12 cups)


4 slices of bread
6 slices of bacon (cut in half)
6 eggs (split)
1/2 cup shredded cheese



Here is the first version that I made


First step is to take a rolling pin and flatten the bread out.  The circle cookie cutter that I have was too small for my taste so I used the lid from my lemonade mix.  I was able to get three circles out of one slice of bread.  I didn't do it for this batch but I am going to do it from now on.



Then take the bread circles, press them into the muffin tin and set aside.







Heat your skillet on medium-high.  Cook bacon on the skillet until partially cooked but still pliable, about three minutes.  Shape bacon strips into the bread cups.








Fill cups with about 1 tablespoon of shredded cheese.  Place in the oven for 5 minutes, allowing the bacon to toast just a little more.  Remove from oven.









I then cracked each egg individually and place in a ramekin one at a time.  I cut the yolk in half and put half in one cup and the other half in another cup.










Place back in the oven and cook until the egg white begins to set, about another 15 minutes.  I pulled it out at 10 minutes to break open the egg while to help it cook faster.




Remove from oven when done and pop out using a plastic spatula and serve warm.











No comments: