Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Years!

Last night Dan and I were enjoying ourselves at a party held by his boss when like clockwork I was having contractions that would not stop. At 11:45 we went to the hospital to see what was going on.

Nurse Ginger-the wonderful nurse we had for our Thanksgiving trip- was our nurse. She let me know that my contractions were 1-2 minutes apart but that I am still not dialated at all. Baby is at a -1 which means that she is just about my pelvis about to make her decent into the birth canal. Lovely.

We wait for 20 or so minutes connected to a monitor. What was interesting to Dan was that when we were talking to Ginger I had no contractions but when I was just sitting not talking I had lots of contractions.

After we chat for a few I was dishcharged.

I think it is really cool that our hospital had the first baby born in 2009 in all of AZ. It's sort of cheating- even though it wasn't a c-section which is totally cheating they did break her water to make her have the baby at that time. What pisses me off is that her due date was after mine but they still induced her anyway.


Dan and me in the hospital...again! Just ignore my bra showing in the first one. I didn't realize it was like that until after.












1 comment:

Jaccalyn said...

ll doctors are differant, with Adia my doctor was most happy to break my water to speed things up...with the boys i was begging my doctor to break my water, but she wouldnt