Thursday, November 12, 2009

Don't pretend you ever forgot about me.

I think it's funny that most of my titles are just lyrics from whatever song is playing in my head at the time.

I really want to get some software to practice typing drills. I used to love doing those in high school when I took that typing class. So much fun!

Problem solving time: How do you confront your mother-in-law without being confrontational? Tough one-I know. Trust me I don't like having issues with her anymore that you like listening to them.

She wants the baby to call her "Mam-maw". I don't like it. I don't want her forcing my child to do it. I think that the main reason she wants to be called that is that is what Connor called her. Well my child isn't Connor and I don't want her comparing them or making my child a replacement. My baby is not Connor. My grandma has my cousins calling her "Bunny" which I don't like and think is a bit inappropriate for a child to be calling their grandparent but that's their deal. I told her that we will should just let her see what she wants to call her that maybe she would come up with something funnier/better. I don't call Ann "Bunny" because I call her "Grandma Ann". I guess Dan's grandmothers told him what they wanted to be called. I think that is rude. The one didn't want to be called grandma at all and they just called her by her first name. The other one wanted to be called Grammy. Whatever. I don't want people telling my kid what to do. I tried talking to Dan about it but he said to just let it go. I tried that-trust me. It's not working. The more I try to let it go the more it bugs me. It's really bothering me and I don't know how to tell her that I don't want Evelynn to call her "Mam-maw". I want my daughter to call her what she wants to. Gah. I don't want to offend her but she has her own kids that she told what to do- she won't be telling my kid what to do.


I'm confused as to why his family is getting another dog. Yes it was sad when Roxy died but Dan and I were able to go over there without feeling ill for the rest of the day. We are both allergic to dogs and that means that more than likely the baby will also be allergic to dogs. Which equals us not going over there with the baby and that they can't babysit her at their house. Great stuff.

This blows. There was something else that I was upset about but I am too tired to remember.

If I'm lucky I won't remember it ever and that would be problem solved! Not likely though....

No comments: