Thursday, March 4, 2010

Day two and three:

So I am a slacker on posting my pictures. I let Kelli borrow my sewing machine so I was not able to so many of the cool projects that I have found. Instead I just tried to do the first day's project again. I did it smaller and in a different color. It still isn't turning out like Elsie's which is fine but I don't like it completely how it is. Something needs to change and I will keep working on it until I can get it how I want it.

Here is it:



The lighting is terrible, I know. I am STILL trying to figure out my camera after all these years!



Here is Kelli wearing it holding my Mouse:







Kelli brought back the sewing machine in the evening and by that time I didn't feel much like starting a big project. I started making a cute porcupine pin cushion but Dan and that baby distracted my with crying, dinner, nursing, and then television. Silly family taking me away from my crafts. I love that I didn't have any brown felt so I had Dan pick from the colors that I did have (they were left over from the Advent String of Lights I did a while back), he chose a dark blue piece of felt with light blue for the stitching.

Here is what I got done yesterday:





I will post a picture of the final product later on.

2 comments:

She said...

Is that an electric griddle that pin cushion is sitting on? It looks a lot like the one we have that is why I ask.

Can't wait to see the finished project. I will have real internet next week and will be posting the projects I have been working on to share with you. Also the fun links I have to share with you! Oh my get ready for 3months worth. Tell that baby of yours she should be excited and sleep lots because she will have lots of fun things made by her mommy ;) haha Also tell her to slow the growing down I still need to meet her as a baby! not a toddler. no walking/crawling/talking only cooing haha

Katemonster23 said...

It is an electric griddle. I couldn't find a nice clean place to take the picture. haha My parents gave it to us for Christmas. Actually we traded them out yucky smaller used one for the brand new big pretty one. Fair trade, right? They wanted the smaller one!

I am so excited to see all the things you have to share. I miss you-come back now please!