Sunday, August 17, 2008

I need You...to be here now.

Oy! Where to start........

Danny went to the men's retreat this weekend. He came back so changed it's amazing. I thought that he was a wonderful person to start with but he grew so much while he was up there. He has so much more knowledge than before. He is even more encouraging and uplifting which has been a blessing to us (me) already.

I don't like that he is still playing his rpgs (role playing games). Don't get me wrong, I don't mind that he hangs out with his friends as all it's just that these games are so demonic and his friends curse almost every other word (serious swears not the little ones like damn or shit). I don't think that it is a very great environment for someone who is trying to build themselves up. I know that if I were to ask him to quit playing he would in a second for me (his friend's wouldn't be happy but they'd get over it) but I don't want him to do it because I asked him to. I would much rather he come to that decision on his own because God has put it on his heart and it's something that he wants to do.

School is starting in a week. I feel that I am very unprepared and I can feel a panic attack coming on any day now. I know that I shouldn't be confessing such negative things but I know myself and it's something that I would do. I got my student id card.. it doesn't have my picture on it!!! Does that even make sense??? I need to go in tomorrow to see if I got money to help pay for classes. I'm not sure if I'll be able to pay for them without help. I guess I should have been believing for this a long time ago. Next time I'll know better. I still need to buy my books which I really hope that they still have.

Danny and I were talking today and he is believing that we will be out of the house that we are in now and in our own home by the end of the year if not the begging of next year. Sounds like a good way to bring in the new year. We really need a break from having Bryan around. He causes problems with out a care in the world about it. It's unfortunate that we need him to pay bills, otherwise we would have asked him to leave long ago. Danny doesn't want to leave on bad terms because they have been friends for so long.

I was talking to Danny's mom the other day when he was at the retreat and she said that she was really glad that he was going because he has had the 3 main friends since about 6th grade and he isn't going to grow if he doesn't go out and meet new people and do new things (they have had game night 2-3 times a week for the last 4 or so years). He needs some change in his life. Fortunately for him I'm good for that.

My lovely mother paid for me to get my hair cut and colored which looks amazing...only thing is not one person has said a thing. Not even people I told I was getting my hair done. A bit of a bummer actually. I guess it's not a big deal, it's just nice when people say nice things about you.

I took up knitting while Danny is gone because, well let's face it- I'm an 85 year old woman. Yeah. I know, it's a surprise to all who find out. I've gotten pretty good at the first two steps...but that's about it. I called Danny's mom to see if she knew how to knit but she only knows how to crochet. I told her when I was doing learning how to knit that she would have to teach me how to crochet.

There is so much that I feel needs to be done and that there are not enough hours in the day in which to do it all. Danny says that I am a mighty woman of God and that I can do anything I want. He's sweet. Sometimes he knows just what to say...sometimes not! I know that he does his very best to make sure that I am happy.

I find it funny that Jacci and I had a similar experience. For years she would tell Rudy to wear his seatbelt but he wouldn't. He had to go to traffic school and they told him to wear his seatbelt and now he does. I have been trying to get Danny to do confessions for a few months now and he didn't want to but when he was up at the retreat they had all the men do confessions and now he loves them. I guess sometimes it just takes hearing it from someone else. I had been praying for a few months that he would listen and do them, that's all you can do sometimes.

No comments: